London based Dietitian and Pilates Instructor

I’m Jodie Relf (or Jo); a registered Dietitian and Founder of BalancedJo. I started my own nutrition consultancy as a way to fulfill my passion for helping individuals find balance while trying to live a healthier life and adopt a more balanced lifestyle, something which I believe is done through a combination of good nutrition, exercise and mindfulness.

My approach to nutrition and overall wellness is all about finding balance, everything in moderation. You’ll often hear me talk about the 80:20 rule, if 80% of the time you’re making healthy choices, the remaining 20% is for you have that glass of wine, spend the day lazing around in your PJ’s and having that dessert you simply can’t resist (that would be cheesecake for me, oh and maybe Gelato too).

I believe the secret to living a healthy and balanced life is focussing on three elements; nutrition, mindfulness and exercise. In isolation these will definitely make a difference but for long term, sustainable change the secret recipe is all three.

It’s important to nourish your body with all the nutrients it needs to perform at its best. A healthy and balanced diet is a diet where nothing is off limits – unless of course you have an allergy or intolerance. Nothing is extreme, no foods are good or bad and you’re never left feeling deprived. If weight loss is your goal I will help you figure out how to achieve a calorie deficit in a healthy and sustainable way and in a way that suits your lifestyle – what works for one person almost never works for the next. We are all unique and what our bodies respond to will be just as unique, which is why the plan you receive will be 100% unique and tailored to you. Browse my blog for inspiring recipes and advice about making healthy food choices or book a call with me and we can discuss how I can help you adopt a healthier lifestyle.

Mindfulness is about being fully present in a moment or activity with an awareness of your thoughts and feelings, free from judgement or distraction. It’s about being in the now, without thinking about what happened in the past or what may happen in the future.

It’s also about understanding your why’s; why do you or don’t you do certain things and behave in certain ways, why are you resisting certain changes? Being mindful is key to long term behaviour change. I will work with you and provide you with the right tools and techniques to be more mindful in your everyday life.

Check out my blog for information on how you can start applying mindful techniques to your everyday life or book a call with me for a more personal/one-to-one service.

Exercise is about moving your body in a way you love, finding ways to be more active in your everyday life and appreciating what your body is capable of. Part of living a healthy lifestyle is moving more every day. The benefits of exercise extend way beyond helping you achieve your weight loss goals; it helps keep your bones healthy, reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, some cancers, keeps your heart healthy, improves your mood and helps reduce both stress and anxiety.

If you’re new to exercise, that’s ok. I’ll help you find ways to introduce more movement into your everyday life. Read my blog for more information or come and join one of my Pilates classes, or contact me for a private Pilates session.

In addition to my blog, I’m a media spokesperson for the British Dietetics Association, assisting journalists and other health and fitness professionals in providing factually correct information, debunking the endless myths and fads in nutrition and turning science into easily digestible content.

Some of my work to date has been featured in Top Sante, The Daily Mail, The Independent, Sloan Magazine, Training Matters, Daily Record, Female First, Prima, H&N Magazine, Evoke and more.

I also work alongside brands to help drive credibility, inform marketing campaigns, assist in product formulation and claim generation. I always put the consumer at the heart of the work I do by working with brands to ensure its branding is easy to navigate, is informative for the consumer and stands out against the competition. Take a look at my services page  for more information or get in touch with me directly.

My goal is to help you find balance, creating a healthier, happier version of you.