Creamy yoghurt topped with crunchy granola is hands down one of my favourite breakfasts, sadly the store bought kind is often high in sugar and far too sweet! Making your own granola means you can have a tasty granola with all your favourite ingredients and less of the sugar.
Feel free to swap out ingredients according to your preferences, choose your favourite nuts, seeds or dried fruit instead of the ones I’ve added and choose gluten free oats for a gluten free recipe.
Here’s my recipe, it’s super quick to prepare.
4 Cups oats
1 Cup mixed nuts, chopped into smaller pieces
1/2 Cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 Cup coconut oil
1/4 Cup honey
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Cup raisins/dried cranberries
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan, remove from the heat and add the honey and vanilla essence
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until all the dry ingredients are coated
- Place on an oven tray that you’ve lined with a sheet of baking paper and spread evenly
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring half way
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool, don’t worry if it doesn’t feel very crunchy, it continues to ‘crispify’ as it cools
- Add the dried fruit and store in an airtight container
Enjoy over yoghurt of your choice and fresh fruit!