I don’t have pasta very often but when I do I absolutely love it. I’m not a huge fan of dry pasta so always try and get the fresh stuff. Waitrose now do fresh wholegrain pasta which is great for a high fibre option.
This delicious recipe has 13 grams of fibre – that’s nearly half your daily intake, and it only takes 10 minutes to throw together.
125g Wholegrain tagliatelle
80g Frozen peas
30g Goats cheese
Handful fresh Basil, chopped
I tablespoon pine nuts
Salt & Pepper
1. Pop the pine nuts in a frying pan to lightly toast them (this brings out the flavour)
2. Boil the kettle, pop the peas in a bowl, cover with hot water and put a lid on the bowl
3. Boil water in a saucepan, add the tagliatelle and cook until al dente (5 minutes)
4. Drain the pasta and the peas, place them back in the saucepan, add the basil, salt and pepper, crumble in the goat’s cheese, drizzle with olive oil and stir.
5. Pop in a bowl, top with the pine nuts and enjoy!