This is great for a Sunday brunch! The sweetness from the sweet potatoes, tanginess from the mustard and smoky paprika pack so much flavour in to this simple recipe. It may be gluten and dairy free but it’s still delicious.
25 – 30 minutes
1 small potato
1 small sweet potato
1 Cup Kalettes or Kale (stalks removed)
1 Tbsp mustard
1 tsp smoked paprika
Salt and Pepper
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Chop the potatoes in to small cubes and pop in boiling water for 10 minutes, or until soft
- Wash and finely slice the leek, heat a frying pan (preferably one you can pop straight in to the oven) with some olive oil and gently fry the leeks until soft
- Pop the kale in the water with the potatoes for the last 2 minutes to soften the kale
- Drain the potatoes and kale and add them to the frying pan until the potatoes are lightly browned
- Add the paprika, mustard and season with salt and pepper
- If your frying pan is not oven proof, then transfer the mixture in to an oven proof dish
- Create two holes in the potato mixture and crack two eggs in each
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes
Dish up and enjoy!
I got my kalettes from Morrisons, but if you can’t find any then ordinary Kale works just as well.